Affirm Press welcomes submissions from authors and agents.
Please follow our guidelines accurately. If you don’t then we’ll know you’re not serious.
Resist the temptation to call because we’ll only discuss submissions by email and never over the phone. Maximum one submission per author please.
We now only accept submissions on the first Monday of each month. Note that submissions received outside this window will not be assessed.
We only accept email submissions. If you’re punching out your masterpiece on the typewriter, sorry, you’ll have to scan it. It’s for the environment, and it’s the future.
We know that the publishing industry is tough to crack, and we applaud the courage of every creator who’s out there trying/crying. Thanks and here’s hoping we’re a good fit!
We look at all genres as long as the book is a good fit with what we do.
For non-fiction, we are interested in most subjects that have a market as long as the manuscript is entertaining, engaging and likely to leave readers (and the world, even a teeny bit) better off for having existed.
For fiction, we will consider literary and genre fiction.
If your book idea is non-narrative, just send us a pitch with some sample material and impress the hell out of us.
Due to the volume of submissions we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond to everyone. If you haven’t heard back from us within three months of submission, please assume we have declined. While we’d love to be able to respond to each and every one of you, we simply don’t have enough hours in the day!
Please send all general submissions to: [email protected]
Via email, please include:
- A short synopsis of the manuscript, plus, if your submission is non-fiction, a short chapter-by-chapter outline.
- The first three chapters of your manuscript attached as a Word or PDF file under 10MB in size (don’t send the whole thing unless we specifically request it).
- An author bio and any past publishing credits.
Kids List Submissions
Our Kids team will be accepting unsolicited manuscripts for young readers of all ages – from babies to young adults. We publish bright, fun, quality books with humour and heart, so that’s what we’re looking for.
Please send us a PDF of your folio and/or a link to your website or Instagram. We’re after examples that show how you tackle character, movement, emotion, body language, landscape and a sense of narrative, as well as examples of the mediums you work with.
Please send us …
- Your full picture-book manuscripts. We’re seeking original stories with a strong pitch.
- The first three chapters of your Junior Fiction, Middle Grade and YA novels. Note that we’re particularly interested in finding new genre YA and Middle Grade books to publish.
Do not send us your…
- Rotten fruit
- Teenage diaries. (Unless you think they’re of publishable quality.)
In lieu of a bio and synopsis, please answer the following three questions in your submission email.
- In a few sentences, tell us about yourself as a writer/illustrator.
- Describe your book in no more than 300 words, including the genre, readership and hook.
- Which titles in the market is your book similar to – and what makes it different?
If you think you’ve got that all down, and your work has memorable characters, dramatic tension, a pleasing arc and a satisfying ending, please email us at: [email protected]
We’ve got big hearts but we’re a small team, so we’re only able to respond to successful submissions. If you haven’t heard back from us within three months, you can assume we have declined. Good luck!