The Great Australian Bucket List
by Robin Esrock
Renowned international travel writer Robin Esrock has spent over a decade scouring the planet in search of bucket-list-worthy experiences, infusing his inspirational adventures with humour, quirky facts, intimate photography and worldly insight. Turning his attention to Australia for the first time, Esrock has come up with the definitive list of the most spectacular destinations and experiences this sunburned land has to offer.
The Great Australian Bucket List leads you across a land that is strikingly beautiful, thought-provoking, incredibly diverse and often very funny. From the big-ticket tourist sights to the secret, the hidden, and the entirely surprising, this is a celebration of Australia that will inspire dreams and adventures for many years to come.
Get ready to …
- race across the sand dunes on a quad bike in Port Stephens (NSW)
- steel yourself against the ghosts of Old Melbourne Gaol (VIC)
- meet a real-life Australian prince in the Hutt River Principality (WA)
- hear the Tasmanian devils grunt at Cradle Mountain (TAS)
- fossick for opals in Coober Pedy (SA)
- zipline between the trees of the Daintree Rainforest (QLD)
- hear the secrets of the universe under a NASA satellite at Tidbinbilla (ACT)